Preparing Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to provide high-quality, affordable integrated healthcare in rural Northern California.
The Hill Country Community Clinic Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Fellowship program trains fellows to become a valued member of a patient centered integrated health team. Our program focuses on the medical specialty of caring for the unique and challenging underserved population with a focus on the poor and underserved. Through a positive learning environment, team based whole patient care, state of the art modern clinics, educational opportunities, and timely constructive evaluations, our fellows become fully competent medical providers who provide high quality care to their patients.
Overview of the Program
Our 18 month long program will be structured with a slowly grown patient panel, weekly didactic education, preceptorship clinic, mentorship clinic, specialty clinic, and a quality improvement project. The goal is to build on the knowledge obtained in the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Programs with a focus on a medical home model including general and preventative medicine, behavioral health, addiction medicine, Women’s Health, Family Planning, Chronic Disease, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Chiropractic, Podiatry, Hepatitis C treatment, and Complex Case Management services. Hill Country Health and Wellness Center is a true healthcare home for our patients, dedicated to healing the whole person and the fellows are important members of the team.
Applicants must have a Masters in Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant studies from an accredited institution. PA candidates need to be NCCPA certified and licensed to practice in the State of California. Similarly, NP candidates should be certified by either the AANP or ANCC licensing board as well as licensed to practice in the State of California. In addition to meeting all entry requirements, applicants will have a strong desire to learn the skills necessary to practice primary care within the community health clinic setting and treat the underserved populations of our community.
The residency is a full-time, 18-month salaried position with benefits.
- Depending upon experience, $90,000 – $93,600 annually, $45/ per hour
- Loan repayment programs possible
We offer competitive pay and great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, clinic services staff discounts, paid holidays, paid-time off, and retirement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Competitive Fellowship Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance package
- Aflac Supplemental Plans
- Discounted clinic services for all employees and dependents
- Flexible, progressive Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Innovative Revenue Sharing Plan
- Paid Leave
- Generous and flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) Program including an additional 40 hours paid sick leave
- Innovative PTO Donation Program
- Eleven paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Career Growth
- Training and educational courses, workshops, seminars
- Continuing education course reimbursement
- Continuing medical education (CME) reimbursement
Please follow the link below to apply or go to Hill Country Health & Wellness Center’s website (hillcountryclinic.org) and apply to the requisition for ‘NP/PA Fellowship Program’ under the About Us tab by clicking Careers.
Please attach the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Attach Cover Letter
In cover letter, please address the following:
- What personal, professional, educational, and clinical experiences have led you to choose healthcare as a profession in the role of a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant?
- What drives you to want to train in a community health center setting and more specifically working with the underserved population at Hill Country Clinic?
- What are your goals in this program, both short and long term?