We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visit to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the California Dept of Public Health, CDC, and OSHA. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand, if they feel your appointment can be performed over a telehealth platform, while upholding the high quality of care you have come to expect from Hill Country.
- If you need to be seen and are uncomfortable coming into the clinic, please call the clinic and speaking to your care team before your appointment to inquire about options available for completing your appointment.
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival to the office.
- We have many hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the office you can use during your visit.
- We are requiring all patients and staff to wear a mask while in the clinic.
- You will see that our waiting room no longer offers magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- To reduce the number of people in the reception area, we ask that companions wait outside, unless it’s necessary they accompany you. Any companions will need to go through the same screening process as the patients, and will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- We are reducing the amount of paper passed from person to person in the clinic, thus you may be asked more questions than normal at check in or in the exam room.
- If you have a fever or are feeling ill please call the number on the front door of the office when you arrive at the clinic. This number will ring directly to the nurse who will evaluate your symptoms and direct you how to proceed to see your provider.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make a new appointment or reschedule a previously canceled appointment, please call us at 530-337-6243.
Your Hill Country healthcare team